Words & Meaning

'Word of warning

This is all over the shop...  In a sense but then again how else would it be.

This all relates to my previous posts. Words...

From intent, to words, to statements, to actions and context it all points to something more.

What that more is, is something to ponder. It makes us wonder and at times fumble with meaning. Purpose that sits behind and essence which holds defined. Something more something seen for when we find a different way we realise.



 Every word holds more meaning than even our own intent. Cupping our hands to hold a gift or an offering is like grasping at air, stroking through water or hold a fist of sand. It is brief and fleeting and can never really be maintained. Letting all things pass through like experiences in our lives with out trying to stop the moving picture. 

Seeing the connections, the themes, the linkages and relationships is a record of the past. Using this a a template has a certain advantage but also possible failing is not kept in context.

 http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2008/09/04/us/politics/20080905_WORDS_GRAPHIC.html

September 4, 2008

The Words They Used

The words that speakers used at the two political conventions show the themes that the parties have highlighted. Republican speakers have talked about reform and character far more frequently than the Democrats. And Republicans were more likely to talk about businesses and taxes, while Democrats were more likely to mention jobs or the economy.

MATTHEW ERICSON/The New York Times

The above example attempts to make sense of the US election in some way. Through words and an a process of social network analysis SNA, it brings into focus other aspects of the relationship between those involved and what words were used. How does this relate to me. I am using words to make connections to experience. Often the message is unclear, confusing or vague. On occasions it is less so, but that's not for me to say.

Here I have grabbed or connected to a few things and yet still it is maybe not clear. What's my intent?

The process: Stabilise - Energise - Challenge**

How we see? Relate? Add meaning? How do we do all these things? That is what this blog has always been about with the context of preparation and performance in sport. 

So then...

Having achieved certain success I have felt sure I knew, but I still have to question. This is the challenge. Even last night as I delivered a presentation I found my self focusing more on letting go than ever before. Or at least that's what I am telling myself now. Letting go to allow great impact, greater connection and to allow the meaning flow. The words might be remembered, but the feeling and meaning I sense was more unforgettable. This is not ego, but the feeling I had and it was reflected in the moments after through comments of appreciation.

What I am saying?

IN person there is more than what can ever be translated in my writing. I hope I can do my thoughts, feeling and emotions justice and that to journey has meaning on both sides of the relationship.

By the way...

When asked last night what am I doing in relation to London. I said, "what I care about most is being true to self and finding flow is my focus. I care less about the vehicle and the situation. The feeling of being alive and free is what I will continue to foster." This felt great to say and the person who asked smiles which made me smile. It's simple really, isn't it?

 

Comments

yoli said…
nice meaning of words