Just a question of what comes first? Learning

Found this interesting read on John Cook's blog about 'Just in case verses just in time' Learning. http://www.johndcook.com/blog/2010/03/03/just-in-case-versus-just-in-time/

First thing I considered was the chicken and egg. What comes first is situational and varied based on framing in relation to inner and outer perspectives and influences. Certainly I feel more motivation to learn when it captures my imagination. It has to have some energy in it for me. Not so much a selfish thing but I need to feel or sense some inspiration in some way. Inspiration about the impact it may have on my life and the life of those around me. Using imagination to draw energy from what the possibilities are can drive learning. Feeling pressure to get on top of something can also drive and so I like this notion as a contrasting view of why we would learn.

Comments