Someone somewhere always has it more difficult

Article on Iraq athletes

It makes you appreciate things when you hear stories like this one. To think what it would be like as an athlete preparing for a major event and not know if your even going to get the chance to compete. It does stop and make me reflect a lot on what all the crews will be going through at the qualification event. The difference being they get the chance to hit the mark. Some times there are influences that are at play which have a bearing on our opportunities and performance that we have no control over. Performance seems to be less important than the politic often. I am probably make many assumptions here, but it makes me appreciate the opportunities I get. The World is a complex place, glad I am just an athlete.

Comments