The Night Before

Well talk about a rollercoaster ride...

Tonight I sit here ready for tomorrow. A few things have transpired in
last 14 days. It's been a mix of some great sessions, some fatigue,
heat, low body weight, grumpiness, frustration, excitement,
anxiousness, weird muscle/nerve pains, treatments, questions,
discussions and finally a saddle that feels like it will work for me.

The support for many people has been amazing. The assistance in
preparing has been huge. The aniticipation I feel is very cool, but as
the pains I refer to have been an indication of one of two
things. Either related to my back in some way and something else in my
system. It has been a challenge over last four days with very little
activity as every time I ride the pains in my legs are unbearable.
It's not the first time but having it happen now is not ideal. The
motivation is clear I will work to find a way to ensure I can perform.

Time is now, the work has been done and it is rare to not have hiccups
so this is all part of the performance process.

For now I rest and tomorrow will arrive with a joy of competition. By
some time after 2pm I will be in the midst of pushing toward a
performance we have work hard to create.

Thanks to everyone for the support and I am looking forward to bring
the preparation into sharp focus.

Time to Dance

Comments

Gavin said…
enjoy your ride as much as you can.

I'll be looking online to see the results as soon as I wake up here in the UK.

Gavin
wade said…
Congrats on a great ride yesterday Drew!
Jess Laws said…
Good ride Drew - a very competitive field! When are you going to have a go at the pursuit!