Friday, May 01, 2009

Riding Waves

Family break with waves is a very cool thing. There is something about
being in the ocean, it is like a release, a freedom. Since surgery I
have been able to surf a few times, but yesterday was the first time
since Christmas. Being out in the water right on dawn and catching
waves was amazing. I was surfing with great uncoordination?? And
loving it. Then all of a sudden dolfins began splashing around just
down from me. I felt like a little kids when one burst through a wave
as it built in front of me. It jumped out of the wave as it began
cresting and I laughed out loud and was beaming with a huge smile.
Some many things in life are hard to deal with. Many struggles and
crisis mark our journies, but these moments make everything fade into
the background.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The internet is an amazing thing from the perspective that I, as a much more junior rower,can have access to the amazing inspirations of someone who has achieved my goals. Thank you very much for your blog

del.cio.us LINKS